|Yes, that's you, Chewie!|
This is all really fun stuff! Here is Chewie happily shaking her little nubby backside for you all!
(Sidenote: Next to Mr. Chicken... and Mr. Rope Toy... and Mr. Weird Rabbit Squid Toy... and Mr. Disney-Eyed Lion, Chewie loves, loves, LOVES Mr. Laser Point! Laser Point demands Chewie's total attention which she gives, 150%. Laser Point has the incredible power to make Chewie forget about food! (omigosh @_@))
The award comes with a serious responsibility to provide seven facts about Chewie Chat. This is really hard since I basically blog everything. Digging deep into my brain...
1) Originally I wanted to name Chewie OX (Hugs and Kisses) and JG wanted to name her Io (a greek river goddess). We could not agree on a name until one day, with the help of a scruffy looking dog banner ad, we chose Chewie. (Ok, I think I stated this before in an earlier post but you all probably forgot by now :D )
2) JG just realized that a stray dog which his family took care of when he was young was a corgi! I on the other hand had a close friend when growing up who had a corgi named Willy.
3) I had one other dog in my life which was a chihuahua. He became my brother's soccer team's mascot. He arrived at the games in my coat pocket. Looking back, I'm not sure if he struck fear into the opposing teams. Along with a corgi, Jacob had a snapping turtle, an african gray parrot, cockatiels, a mixed breed dog, a black lab, "some herding dog" and a miniature sheltie.
4) Chewie's a singleton. :) All the goodness and health got absorbed into one super puppy! Although she was the only one in the litter, she was surrounded by other corgis and well socialized.
5) Two days ago, somehow on her own, Chewie propped her collar around her neck and dragged her leash over to JG prodding his leg to go outside.
6) Reserved for that moment when I remember a fact while walking around outside, then to forget again once I'm at the computer.
7) Number six is a fact.
Corgi photo break!
|"It looks like chewie used to be a duck and is outgrowing the skin, exposing the inner dog body"—T.H.|
|Unfortunately the duck suit is just snug so I will need to exchange it for the next size up!|
Along with these seven facts, I am to award 15 other stylish blogs. Unfortunately, I do not follow 15 (as of now). I'm not sure I even follow 10. What I would like to do is provide a list of the blogs I do follow and hope you will check them out as well. :) In no particular order:
Fat Sister's Guide to Life
I love her style, her flair for life, her eye for color and seriously... her cooking is to die for. I've died countless amount of times already.
24/7 corgis. Oh. My. Gosh. It's like jumping into and wading through a huge corgi pile. The amount of enthusiasm (and obsession) she has for corgis is breathtaking.
The Daily Corgi
Laurie is a super corgi-activist who provides daily highlights of our little furry friends! She concentrates on the humanity (canine-ity?) aspect to bring to light corgi issues alongside heartwarming stories. Her tireless efforts are greatly appreciated within the corgi world.
This isn't a blog but the ultimate corgi community site. You can find everything you want to know about corgis and more. The creator of the site, Sam, is very pro-active and extremely helpful with any questions you have. Really. He's in Canada yet had specific NYC answers!!
The Chronicles of Cardigan
Cardigans!! The very adorable and whimsical Jon Farleigh and Dewi! (Pst, Jon's a fluffy!) Great photos and day-to-day stories of the life of and with these two adorables. Also, Elizabeth's (the owner) writing style cracks me up.
The Briese Moon
Luna is a beautiful welsh corgi pup (a few days younger than Chewie) with an extremely sweet disposition. The blog focuses on Luna and Krystle's (the owner) journey together and Luna's training to be a therapy dog. She is very well on her way!
I learn so much from this blog. Ein and his owner, John, are Manhattanites who concentrates on the well-being and healthier lifestyles for dogs. John's concern for the planet also carries over into his other blog, Green Hat Studios.
My Dog is Fun-Sized
Angela is a verse artist who plies her trade in 2-D, 3-D and corgi cuteness. Creativity oozes out of every one of her projects.
The Ein and Brian Chronicles
AJ and her two corgis, Ein and Brian are back from a short break. Her photographs are superb and they really highlight the lives of the duo.
A Corgi is My Co-Pilot
Shameless self-plug here. My tumblr for corgi art. :)
Wow, this is a long post. If you made it to this point, time to take a break! Enjoy and thank you!